Seniors Driver Training
It's true – you've been driving for years and in all likelihood you have never had a collision. In fact, many seniors are actually better drivers since they possess many years of driving responsibility, experience and knowledge.
But as part of the natural process of aging, senior citizens begin to see changes in their hearing, vision, mobility and reaction time. Certain medications can also affect your ability to drive safely and can even affect your concentration and ability to stay awake while on the road. Because these changes occur over time, it can be difficult to recognize how they affect personal driving abilities. A senior driver training program like the one offered by Lambton Driving Academy can assist elderly drivers in compensating for these impairments.
In Ontario, seniors and elderly drivers who are over the age of 80 are required to take part in the province's licence Renewal Program for Drivers Age 80 and Above. Every two years, elderly drivers are required to take a vision test, have their driving record reviewed, take part in a 45-minute Group Education Session and if necessary, take a road test.
Ontario's driver's test for seniors can often feel intimidating, which is why our Lambton Driving Academy senior programs are designed to minimize this stress. Participants have the option of training in a simulated environment, allowing driving errors to be corrected in a safe, comfortable and supportive atmosphere.
Why Choose Lambton Driving Academy Driving Lessons?
- Simulated learning: Participants can correct driving habits in the safety of Lambton Driving Academy's user-friendly virtual driving simulator. This is the ideal place to practice your reflexes, visibility in poor conditions, and reaction times.
- Supportive learning environment: Lambton Driving Academy instructors are industry experts. Not only are they adept at educating participants on safe driving practices, they do so in a supportive, respectful and participatory manner.
- Cost-effective: As Canada's leading driver training centre, Lambton Driving Academy is committed to delivering quality training at affordable prices. Depending on the program selected, Lambton Driving Academy offers payment plans that fit into your budget.
- Contact your local centre for more details.
Programs Designed with Senior Drivers in Mind:
- Safety-check seminar: A refresher course that can occur in a real-world or simulated environment, depending on participant needs.
- Test ready: A total of four lessons to be divided up based on your individual needs and to help you complete your licence Renewal Program with confidence.
- Seniors Seminar: Lambton Driving Academy offers information sessions specifically designed to assist seniors who are required to renew their licence.